The Status of the “EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION DIMITRIE CANTEMIR”
Art. 1 – “EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION DIMITRIE CANTEMIR”, hereinafter also named “The Association” is founded, according to the Founding Charter, by the founding members specified in Annex. 1, which represents an integrated part of this Status. The Association was established under the Government Ordinance no. 26/2000 regarding associations and foundations, with the subsequent amendments and supplements.
Art. 2 – “EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION DIMITRIE CANTEMIR” is a legal entity of private law, autonomous, not influenced by a political party, with no patrimonial purpose, democratic, non-profit and opened with the reserved name based on the name availability Proof no. 121642 of 19 February 2013, issued by the Ministry of Justice, Department of Communication and Public Relations, it includes graduates, students and pupils (over18 years old) of higher education institutions and universities named after the great scholar, the teachers who teach in these institutions, as well as all the followers of Cantemir, regardless of nationality, religion, gender and sexual orientation, which recognize and accept the status and sign an adhesion.
Art. 3 – The name of the Association is “EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION DIMITRIE CANTEMIR” . The association has its own heraldic emblem specified in Annex 2.
Art. 4 The Association operates under the patronage of the Romanian Academy and operates alongside “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University.
Art. 5 – (1) The Association’s headquarter is located in Bucharest, Splaiul Unirii blvd. no. 176, 4th District.
(2) The Association’s headquarter may be changed based on the decision of the Board of Directors.
Art. 6 – (1) The association may open branches or subsidiaries in other cities or counties in the country or abroad.
(2) Branches may be established at the proposal of the Board of Directors, and at the request of the members or of an initiative group, based on the decision of the General Assembly, based on which they also receive an initial heritage.
(3) The legal personality of the subsidiary is obtained under the legislation in force in the country where the branch office is headquartered.
(4) Branches do not have their own legal personality, acting as structures of the Association.
(5) The Association may establish collaboration connections with similar organizations or enter into unions or federations with other institutions and legal entities or individuals in the country and abroad, in order to meet its established goal.
Art. 7 The “EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION DIMITRIE CANTEMIR” is founded on an undefined period.
Art. 8 – The Association is not politically engaged and does not act in favour or against any party or political organization. It may, however, require their support to initiate, support and promote laws, normative acts and actions that contribute to achieving the purpose of the Association.
GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
Art. 9 – EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION goal “Dimitrie Cantemir” is to contribute to the development and modernization of Romanian society and education, to scientific research propensity by asserting and promoting the spirit cantemirist and the relations of cooperation between educational institutions , research, administrative, religious, what spiritual patron Cantemir.
Association aims to act for detecting and valuing our essences cultivated prince in the last thousand years, promoting the work and memory of the great scientist and politician encyclopedic Romanian Cantemir, stimulate and maintain interest in this exceptional personality of Romania, Europe and the world, and for the study of contemporary cultural relations.
The association will contribute to: promoting Euro-Atlantic values, civic, democracy and the rule of law; strengthen and support the role that they have in civil society and the educational institutions of security and defense, public order and national security; cercetareşi stimulating innovation activity; supporting and defending the rights of its members; providing material support, moral and financial education units associated with the development and promotion of the material and teaching performance.
Art. 10 – The objectives of the Association are:
(1) implementation of joint projects and programs of cooperation with all schools having as patron the great encyclopedic, with other state institutions in the country and abroad, as well as some NGOs, aimed at developing human resources, organizing visits and training courses, refresher and specialization, including the granting of scholarships in Romania or abroad;
(2) stimulating scientific research by providing research grants and publishing the most successful research in science, philosophy, sociology, history, ethnography etc;
(3) cultivating civic values of the rule of law by establishing and developing relationships with similar organizations in the country and abroad, with specialized international bodies, in line with the foreign policy of the Romanian state;
(4) promoting the fundamental values of democracy, national interests and symbols of Romania and EU deeds and acts of culture;
(5) participation in youth education that forms in educational institutions named after the great encyclopedic in the spirit of love for the homeland, the glorious past of the Romanian people and the history of the EU, respect and cooperation among nations and communities;
(6) concerns cantemiriştilor stimulation (via “cantemirist” means any graduate / student / student, who turned 18 years of a university or pre-university educational institutions named after the great scientist and teachers who teach in these schools ) for studies, briefings, memoranda and publication of books on social issues, cultural-educational and encyclopedic-cantemiriană;
(7) contribute to the respect and protection of the members of the Association, a civic honor and dignity, to promote the real image of the actions of the Association, through a permanent communication with the media and relations of cooperation and mutual respect between cantemirişti;
(8) promoting the fundamental values of democracy, national interests and symbols of Romania and the EU;
(9) participation in youth education that forms in educational institutions named after the great encyclopedic in the spirit of love for the homeland, the glorious past of the Romanian people and the history of the EU, respect and cooperation between nations and communities.
Art. 11 – To achieve the aim and objectives set out in art. 9 and art. 10, the Association will perform the following activities:
(1) organizing debates, seminars, conferences, symposia, courses on topics cantemiriene working groups on issues of inter-cultural relations in Europe;
(2) publishing the biannual magazine “Cantemir” as a publication devoted to studies on the life and work of Cantemir, contemporary inter-cultural relations and current issues of Romanian culture in which to be highlighted and the most significant results achieved by institutions education and research that bears the name Cantemir, studies, researches disciplinary or interdisciplinary pluri made by teachers, graduates, students and pupils cantemirişti;
(3) providing advice and assistance to support research activities, studies and programs on issues related to the goals of the association, for the development of graduation papers, theses, scripts of plays and movies, and provision of scholarships study and research, cantemiriene specific issues and general European interest, Romanian and foreign young researchers;
(4) celebrate important events related to Romanian traditions and the constituent nations of the European Union;
(5) widely circulated editing languages Cantemir’s work and encourage scientific research, inventions and innovations of cantemiriştilor and publishing posters, brochures, albums, books and other promotional materials about the great scholar;
(6) act to bring the country in original or copy, from private collections and public archives, of documents on Cantemir’s complex activity;
(7) the establishment of a European Award “Cantemir”. This prize will be awarded each year, people who are distinguished by theoretical and practical contributions to promoting cantemirian spirit and unity of Europe;
(8) the grant awards “Honorary Member” and “bearer gold badge” of Association, the personalities who have an important contribution in scientific research or to the objectives of the Association;
(9) the initiation or bringing contribuiţiei to projects and inauguration of the country and abroad, statuary and effigies of “Dimitrie Cantemir”
(10) meetings with leading figures of the scientific, cultural, military, political and representatives of similar organizations in the country and in other countries;
(11) editorial with information on new topics of general European interest;
(12) organizing and supporting camps and trips for students, pupils and teachers who have achieved outstanding performances at national and international level;
(13) evoking the personality of the great scholar, every year on 26 October, the organization of scientific, artistic, cultural and fun.
(14) organization Association annual homecoming on October 26;
(15) promoting competition between educational establishments cantemiriene of the same rank (universities, colleges, high schools, elementary schools);
(16) professional competition between universities / colleges cantemiriene on Cantemir’s life and work;
(17) other activities that contribute to the work of the great encyclopedic knowledge discovery and Romanian.
Art. 12 – (1) Membership of the Association, Romanian Academy institutes, research institutions, university and pre-university education having as patron on Cantemir, as well as individuals who have completed or who work in these institutions, regardless of nationality, citizenship, religion, gender and sexual orientation, recognize and accept and sign the Statute of adhesion.
(2) The Association consists of:
a) founding members – members who attended the General Constituent Assembly, have signed association and contributed to social heritage;
b) members – are people who meet the statutory criteria and were enrolled in the Association subsequent General Assembly of incorporation;
c) honorary members, which will be established by the Board and validated by the General Assembly may be personalities of the scientific, military, political, cultural, supporting the Association in achieving its objectives and increase its prestige;
d) Members of supporters: individuals and companies that enjoy a high social prestige or scientific, and through their work, supports substantially Association contributing in terms of material, financial, moral or functional to the goal and objectives, without being required to pay dues. They may be invited to activities organized by the Association. This quality is assigned by the Board;
e) Honorary President – Minister of Foreign Affairs, who was in office. At the beginning of each term minister, the Board addressed this end, a letter to the new minister vested.
(3) Membership is acquired through written application approval by the Board and pay the registration fee.
(4) Membership or honorary member of the Association is personal and inalienable.
Art. 13 – (1) Members of the Association have, regardless of the position they occupy in educational institutions and research or military rank, the following rights:
a) to attend general meetings and the activities of the Association;
b) to express by vote to option strategy, programs and decisions of the General Assembly;
c) to elect and be elected to the Board of Directors;
d) participate in the implementation of programs and activities of the Association;
e) to contribute with proposals and activities of the person to programs and activities organized by the Association;
f) benefit from the services of the Association;
g) to benefit from the results of programs initiated by the Association;
h) to possess and wear the badge or distinctive signs of the Association.
(2) Honorary members enjoy the rights provided in Art. 13, para. 1 points a), d), e) and f) of these Statutes.
Art. 14 – Obligations association members, regardless of professional or scientific owned, are:
a) comply with the Statute, regulations and decisions of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors of the Association. If a management holding to act with responsibility, competence and efficiency to fulfill their obligations and programs of the Association;
b) to contribute to the goal and objectives of the Association through moral support, financial, material or through voluntary activities;
c) to keep in touch with the Association and to respond to requests from the Board regarding the organization of activities;
d) promote cantemirist spirit and collegiality and respect relationships with all members of the Association;
e) act to increase the prestige of the Association;
f) pay the registration fee and the monthly fee established by the General Assembly of the Association;
g) to contact donors and sponsors;
h) to fulfill the obligations according to material and financial commitments;
i) to fulfill other obligations set out in regulations adopted by the Association.
Art. 15 (1). The penalties that may apply are the following:
b) fixed-term suspension from the association or from the management;
c) exclusion from the association.
(2) Penalties Association members can take place where they committed the following violations:
a) denigration Association;
b) to undertake actions which harm whatsoever Association;
c) engaging in actions which the Association was not authorized by the governing bodies;
d) Association involvement in political activities;
e) prevent, by various means, the operation of the Association;
f) systematic non-participation in the work management structure has been chosen.
Art. 16 (1) Membership shall cease:
a) through withdrawal, based on a withdrawal request not to be justified;
b) the exclusion in the following situations:
– Breach of statutory provisions and judgments of the management of the Association;
– As a result of a conviction by final court decision for committing criminal acts incompatible with prestige Association;
– In the event of non-payment of dues for six months;
c) in case of death.
(2) The exclusion decision is made by the Board of Directors of the association.
(3) The appeal may be lodged against the decision within 15 days from notice. The appeal shall be settled by the General Assembly.
(4) In the event of any dispute, the decision of registration and until the resolution of the General Assembly, membership of the Association is suspended.
MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL ASSOCIATION
Art. 17 – Governing bodies of the Association are: the General Assembly and Board of Directors.
Art. 18 – (1) General Assembly is the governing body composed of all the founding members, members and honorary members.
(2) The Assembly is statutory in terms of simple majority and makes decisions by simple majority of votes of the participants.
(3) The percentage is equal vote: one vote for each member. In terms of parity, honorary president vote is decisive.
(4) It is convened by the Board or at the request of one third of the members mandatory once a year, and whenever it is needed.
(5) The General Assembly convenes in regular session at least 15 days before the date fixed for its development or, in special circumstances, in extraordinary session, at least three days before, in the latter case if:
a) requires, strigent, amending the Statute;
b) circumstances arise that affect the existence of the Association;
c) upon the written request of at least 1/2 of the members.
(6) The summons shall be made by letter / fax / e-mail sent to members, and will include: location, date, time and agenda.
(7) If the first meeting does not meet the statutory number of members, it will make a call to a date to be between the 7th and 15th day after the date set in the first call, when the General Assembly it is considered statutory constituted with any number of members present law.
(8) The General Assembly is headed by the President or by a member of the Board of Directors, appointed by the governing body in case of incapacity of the President.
(9) any member absent from two consecutive meetings of the General Assembly entail loss of the right to be elected to leadership and working bodies of the Association.
(10) Participants may require placing on the agenda of issues, based on a written request addressed to the Board of Directors at least five days before the date of holding the General Assembly.
(11) The decisions taken by the General Assembly, within the law, the Articles of Association and the Statute, are binding even for members that did not attend the general meeting or voted against.
Art. 19 – The General Assembly has the following powers:
a) establishing the strategy and objectives of the Association and the annual plan with the main activity;
b) approval of the income and expenditure account and balance sheet;
c) election and removal of Board members;
d) elect and revoke the censor or, where appropriate, the revision commission;
e) establishment of subsidiaries, which are structures of association with legal personality;
f) amend the Constitution and the Staff Association;
g) dissolution and liquidation of the Association and disposition of assets after liquidation;
h) establish enrollment fees and monthly dues;
i) approves logo, diploma and badge Association;
j) approve the Association affiliation to a federation;
k) approve participation in programs and partnerships with similar structures in the country and abroad;
j) any other duties provided by law or statute.
Board of Directors
Art. 20 – (1) The Board of Directors of the Association is the governing body and administrative body that ensures the fulfillment of the purpose and objectives of the Association and the implementation of General Assembly decisions in the interval between two consecutive meetings.
(2) The Board of Directors of the Association consists of members by right and elected members.
(3) Members of law are rectors, deans or directors of educational institutions – members of the Association – that have as patron on Cantemir.
(4) as members of the Board are, as a consequence, and vice-presidents of the governing body.
(5) The elected members are in number 25.
(6) The composition of the Board is as follows:
b) as deputy chairmen of the variable number;
c) elect two vice-presidents;
d) one secretary general;
e) 21 members.
Art. 21 – (1) Board members are elected for a term of four years, by secret ballot by the General Assembly with a simple majority vote of members present.
(2) Based on the decision of the General Assembly, the Board of Directors may be removed.
(3) In case of vacancy of functions of the Board, those positions will be filled on a proposal from the Board of Directors, by a resolution of the general meeting.
(4) Where a board member retires, he shall notify in writing its intention notice of 30 days.
(5) For good reasons, the General Assembly may decide to exclude members of the Association or revocation of Board members.
(6) The positions vacant is filled by the decision of the General Assembly created statutory.
(7) Filling vacant positions is made within 30 days of the vacancy.
(8) The Board shall meet at least once a month or whenever Association needs require.
(9) Convening the Board is of the president and, in his absence, his substitute or a Vice-President or Secretary General.
(10) The Board shall deliberate in the presence of 2/3 of its members and adopt decisions număarul half plus one of the votes.
(11) The decisions of the Board of Directors, and the issues discussed, shall be recorded in the minutes that ends each session.
Art. 22 – The Board of Directors shall:
a) submit to the General Assembly: activity report for the previous period; execution of the income and expenses; balance sheet; draft budget of income and expenses; main project activities;
b) proposes, for the approval of the general assembly strategy and objectives of the Association, amendments to the Staff Association and Articles of Association;
c) legal agreements and on behalf of the Association;
d) approve the organizational and human resources strategy of the Association;
e) develop Rules of organization and functioning of the Association;
f) provide the necessary funds to achieve the proper functioning of the Association and its programs;
g) exercise due diligence to obtain the Association by decision of the Romanian Government, the quality of public utility;
h) approve job descriptions for staff;
i) perform any other duties prescribed by law or statute.
Art. 23 – Chairman of the Board
(1) elected members of the Board of Directors.
(2) Powers of the President:
a) shall coordinate the Board’s current activities to achieve the objectives and programs of activities established by the General Assembly;
b) represent the Association in relations with the authorities, natural or legal persons;
c) ensure application and enforcement of legal provisions, the specific rules and regulations of the Association;
d) are anxious to ensure the funds necessary for proper functioning of the Association;
e) directing the work of the Board President of the Association and carries out the decisions of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors, Audit Commission or financial auditor in accordance with the law and this Statute;
f) convene and chair General Assemblies, Board meetings, and propose their agenda;
g) negotiate and submit for approval to the Board: wages, indexes, additions, benefits, materials and procedures for granting incentives to their staff employed within the budget of revenues and expenditures approved and legal regulations;
h) conclude, amend and terminate, according to law, labor contracts of employees of the Association;
i) has disciplinary action, appointment and dismissal of employees of the Association;
j) perform any other duties established by the General Assembly or Board of Directors;
k) the President may delegate some powers and the right to sign some documents concerning the activity of the Association, or vice secretary general.
Art. 24 – (1) The Vice-Secretary General of the Association and shall be elected from among the Board members in the first meeting of the governing body, informing the General Assembly.
(2) The mandate of Vice-Presidents and General Secretary is 4 years.
(3) Dismissal or changing them can be done in Board of Directors meeting on a proposal from the President or at least half of the Board members.
Art. 25 – (1) The Secretary General will take all organizational measures for the operation of the Association and will direct the enrollment of new members, to set up branches in the country, the structure of educational establishments that have the spiritual patron Cantemir.
(2) Keep track of Association members and honorary members, coordinate filielelor and employees, and the establishment and management of Heritage Association.
Art. 26 – (1) The internal financial control of the Association is ensured by an auditor, or, if the number is greater than 100 associates by a Board of Censors, consisting of 3 members.
(2) persons will be elected as auditor or auditing commission may be members of the Association.
(3) the censor or, where appropriate, members of auditing committee must have, as a rule, economic or legal studies and have worked in positions with this profile.
(4) In carrying out its powers, censor or, where appropriate, Auditing Commission shall have the following powers:
a) verify every six months, how the Association is managed assets;
b) prepare income and expenditure reports and submit them to the General Assembly and Board of Directors;
c) ensure that specialized in legislation and specific decisions taken by the leadership of the Association oraganele be applied properly and be respected;
d) may attend Board meetings, without the right to vote;
e) perform any other duties stipulated in the Statute or established by the Board of Directors;
(5) Board members can not be censors.
Art. 27 – (1) General Assembly approves the general rules for the organization of internal financial control of the Association.
(2) The auditor or auditing commission are elected by the General Meeting by open vote, for a period of 4 years.
ECONOMIC RESOURCES, ASSOCIATION OF REVENUE AND EXPENDITURE
Art. 28 – (1) initial social patrimony of the Association is represented in a patrimonial asset, worth 3,000 lei, consisting of cash contribution of associates.
(2) Heritage Association’s initial share income is supplemented by donations from members or of other individuals and businesses, interest and dividends from investments, under the law, sponsorships and related resources from the state budget and / or local budgets and other income, in accordance with the law.
(3) The entire heritage will be highlighted and preserved in accordance with Romanian legislation on the matter, on behalf of the Association, and will be used exclusively to achieve its goal and objectives.
Art. 29 – Association Revenues from:
a) contributions and donations of money from members and other natural and legal persone;
b) interest and dividends from investments in legal terms;
c) income from activities of organizing trade fairs, exhibitions and / or other events, projects and programs financed from European funds she manages or participants;
d) donations, sponsorship or patronage;
e) resources from the state budget or local budgets;
f) other revenue sources: magazines, books, badges, medals, diplomas, partnership activities;
g) 2% of employee taxes according to law;
h) the various activities and services organized in the Association and in partnership with local institutions;
i) other revenues provided by law.
Art. 30 – (1) The association may also establish mutual aid or economics – with the legislation in force – whose dividends, if not reinvested will be used to further the aim of the Association.
(2) The association may carry out any other direct economic activities, if they have accessory character and are closely related to its main purpose.
Art. 31 – (1) The main expenses of the Association are:
a) expenditures programs and objectives of the Association;
b) salaries of employees;
c) allowances, bonuses and prizes;
d) purchase of school supplies, office supplies, computer equipment and other goods and services necessary for attaining the association;
e) rents, interest, taxes, bank fees;
f) scholarships, accommodation, transport;
g) utilities: electricity, heat, gas, water, etc. ;
h) other expenses.
(2) The costs are carried under the provisions of the income and expenditure budget and approved by the Board.
(3) Salaries, allowances and emoluments of staff shall be determined within the limits of the personnel and the budget of income and expenses.
Dissolution and Liquidation
Art. 32 – EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION «Dimitrie Cantemir” can dissolve follows:
(1) – in law in making or, as appropriate, unable to achieve the purpose for which it was, if within three months of becoming aware of such fact is not changed for this purpose.
(2) – by court order at the request of any interested person when:
a) the purpose or activity of the Association have become illegal or contrary to public policy;
b) the purpose is accomplished through illicit means or contrary to public policy;
c) other purpose than that for which it was established;
d) became insolvent;
e) not obtain prior authorization required by law.
(3) – General Assembly’s decision.
(4) – in other cases stipulated by law.
Art. 33 – (1) In case of dissolution of the Association, called the liquidator by the court or, where appropriate, by the General Assembly.
(2) With the appointment of liquidators, the mandate of the Board ceases.
(3) The liquidator, the duties, perform and ending inventory balance sheet to ascertain the exact status of assets and liabilities of the Association.
(4) The liquidator is obliged to receive and keep records and any other documents of the Association and maintain a register of all liquidation operations in their chronological order.
(5) Liquidators fulfill their mandate under the control of the censor.
Art.34 – (1) The liquidators have the obligation to continue the legal operations in progress to collect claims, pay creditors and if cash is not enough to transform the rest of the assets in cash, proceeding to the sale by public auction the movable and immovable property.
(2) The liquidator may carry out only those operations that are necessary for finalizing the activities underway.
Art.35 – (1) In case of dissolution of the Association, the assets remaining after liquidation can not be transmitted by individuals.
(2) The goods can be transferred to private legal persons or public law with an identical or similar to the Association dissolved.
(3) If within 6 months from the liquidation, the liquidator failed to convey goods under paragraph (2), they shall be assigned by the competent court of a legal person with identical or similar purpose.
(4) Date of dispatch of the goods is the preparation of the minutes of delivery-receipt, if this is not established a later date.
Art.36 – The liquidator ending operations and account management remit of the law only after a period of 6 months from the publication dissolution of the Association.
Article 37 – After completion of the liquidation, the liquidator shall, within two months to submit the balance sheet, ledger and a memorandum declare the liquidation operations of the Registry of Associations and Foundations court whose territorial jurisdiction the Association has its headquarters and meet all disclosure procedures and removal from the register.
Art.38 – If within 30 days of the filing free balance sheet not recorded any complaint, the balance is considered definitively approved and bankruptcy, with court authorization, shall remit to those entitled to the assets and the amounts remaining after liquidation, together all records and documents of the Association and liquidation.
39. – (1) The association shall cease to exist on the date of removal from the Register of associations and foundations.
(2) The cancellation is delivered by the liquidators under the act, stating their discharge of obligations.
Article 40 – The provisions of this Statute shall be filled with the law.
Art.41 – 7 Edited copies with 10 pages each, in Bucharest, on March 15, 2013.
Own heraldic Association